Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Farewell for now, Kiefer.. Time to prep for summer!

Woo hoo!!! LOVED last night's show. Another great season of 24 has come to an end (boo hoo). And with every season finale comes the reminder that summer is right around the corner. (YESSS!!)

So, I’m very excited about an upcoming trip I just finalized. I will be in Tampa on business in June (I’m very excited about this, too.) But being that Tampa is just a hop and a skip away from Sarasota, I decided to add a few days at the beginning of my trip to attend the IMG Academies- more specifically, the Bollettieri Tennis Boot Camp. I’ve gone before back in the day when I was a more serious tennis player. I actually went to hone my tennis and footwork skills. This time, however, it’s about me looking to chisel my shizzle- follow me? The tennis? Yeah, tennis will be played, but I look at it more like the Bollettieri Bikini Boot Camp for me. Why? Because they basically kick your butt multiple times over so you can hang it on their clay courts to dry. With summer fast-approaching, there will soon be nowhere left to hide my flaws. I NEED this. Yup. SIX HOURS of tennis each day in the blistering hot sun with a 3-minute banana break in the middle. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! (Think: leg-flailing Molly Shannon on SNL).

This time around should definitely be interesting. Gone are the days where I was blood-hungry for competitive matches and striving for the utmost precision on my serve. Forget about it. I can see it now: Me and my pony-tailed, pink wrist- and head-banded, matchy-matchy leopard-print spandexed out-of-shape self attempting to swing away at those little flying yellow things. Yes, times have changed. On second thought, I’m going to need a round of acupuncture just thinking about my upcoming pain.

When my friend “S” heard about this, she declared not only is she ALLERGIC to any form of exercise, but she also bitch-slapped me for actually paying for such an experience. Meanwhile, “S” doesn’t ever lift a finger except when she’s on the hunt for discount designer jeans and she looks like a seasoned track runner. What the $&#@?!? These people will never understand!

No comments: