Friday, May 11, 2007

Do you know what TIME it is??

It’s Mother’s Day Weekend. (Yes, for me it’s a 3-day affair.) I love this time of year-- the flowers, the chocolates, the Sunday brunch, the girlie gifts.. Last year I asked my dear husband to buy me a 12” subwoofer for my car. Aw… so sweet!

Women everywhere are taking time for themselves and to honor other moms. Whether they are planting seeds in a garden, baking cookies for their elderly neighbors, or playing with a puppy at the park, they are indulging their femininity and womanhood.

Tonight I am hosting our Moms Night Out—or, rather, IN. Some of my most unforgettable fun times and memories from when I was a kid stem from all the slumber parties. Playing games, staying up all night in our jammies telling scary stories.. After fondly reminiscing, I thought, why do these great events have to be just for kids? That’s it- I’m having a slumber partay for all of us deserving diva moms.

It’ll be just like old times.. well, with one small difference. All of us in attendance will be of legal drinking age! And I do make killer cosmopolitans. (My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!) In honor of our femininity and womanhood, my maternal instinct tells me I ought to bake, too-- just, not cookies. No, I'm going to bake a boob cake. Ladies, let's celebrate our humps.. in the back and in the front!

Ah, but wish me luck. Baking is not my forte. During the Holidays, in my attempt to make peppermint bark for all the neighbors out of the goodness of my heart, I nearly burned the house down. No joke. As my fire extinguisher "snow"-covered husband and dear children will attest, we needed every ounce of that stuff. *sigh* Every once in a while I’ll still find a small remnant of that fire-extinguisher “snow” in some corner of my kitchen. Fond memories here at the House of Wilson.

Off to the kitchen. Gotta find those oven-safe Pyrex cups. (Be brave. Be very very brave.) And to all within a 5-mile radius: Get outta the way!

To be continued…

No comments: