Sunday, April 22, 2007

How $250 Fell Into My LAP at Disneyland…

A few weeks ago, it was Spring Break at ‘M’ and ‘M’s school so we decided to take a few days and spend them at Disneyland which is less than an hour’s drive away. We booked our trip at the Grand Californian Hotel which happens to be in the heart of all the Parks and Downtown Disney. I loved it! No shuttles. No trams. No buses. No mega-lines of people at the park entrance. I highly recommend this lovely resort.

Upon check-in, we received a large packet of information which included park info, coupons, our tickets, etc. in addition to some fun gifts for the kids. As soon as we checked in, I tossed the packet in our room and never looked at its contents until we got home from our trip. Too busy for that! Little did I know that I could have used almost all of those coupons towards our meals and various purchases.

In any event, in this packet there was also a tiny folder that contained 3 cards that looked like playing cards featuring Stitch. I had no idea what these were and just about tossed them out with the rest of my unused packet when something caught my eye. On the backside were codes that you use online for some virtual game. I still don’t even know. What caught my eye was the word “secret” which came before “codes.” Being that I LOVE secrets, I wanted to determine if my cards truly were secret. I started my research with Ebay and entered in a few key words (VMK, cards, Stitch) and holy moly, the things were going for upwards of $150!!!!

Helloo, I don’t need to tell you what I did next. But what shocked me even more was that when my auction ended, they ultimately went for more than $250. Woo Hoo! Apparently, these cards are only given to people who book at trip at a Disney Resort. Who would have known? Thank you, Stitch!!!

No comments: