Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Itallion Stallion New on DVD

Okay, so Rambo (2008) arrived new on DVD this weekend and I eagerly rented. I've always been a fan of Sly Stallone and all the Rocky and Rambo flicks -- even loved Cliffhanger!

So, I'm not the most objective commenter when I say I thought the movie was great. The action is true 80's style with up-to-date effects. It's more gory and brutal than any of his other movies, bringing to light the true horror of Burmese atrocities. Stallone looks incredibly buff, like he hasn't missed a BEAT all these years. Amazing. At 61, he deserves a great deal of respect for pulling Rambo off. Let's face it-- the man can do action and he can do it well.


I'm on a Sly Stallone "high" again and can't wait to rent Rocky Balboa now. I can't believe I let that rental slide.

In the meantime, here's a clip of him training for Balboa. I shall never complain again at the gym....




No comments: