Monday, November 5, 2007

New York Style... All the Way

There are two kinds of pizza lovers: those who prefer thick crust and those who prefer thin crust. Here at the House of Wilson, it’s the latter all the way.

Thin crust pizza can be found everywhere in New York. Eh, unfortunately for us, not so much here in southern Cali. 'A' and I are forever on the hunt for the best local thin crust pizza and I’m about to reveal our biggest find (pun intended). Right in the heart of Encinitas’ Moonlight Beach town is a place called, “Manhattan Giant Pizza.” Oh my goodness is their pizza TASTY! It is so yummy, I actually give half credit to them for my taking up surfing two years ago. Knowing I could swing by for a slice (or two, or three..) after a stab at the ocean was all the push I needed to dive head first into the waves. Okay, so they also get some credit for my poochy size 6 belly. (Ha! As KLS would say… That is a LIE. There ain’t nothing no size 6 about me, honey, but my ring finger!)

No seriously. If you can appreciate great tasting pizza, you must try MGP. The “Giant” comes from the fact that they actually make monstrous-sized pies (30 inches!) with ginormous slices. Now that’s MY kind of eats. Go see for yourself. Abandon the dark side and meet me there.

Oh, and don’t bother asking the friendly owner if he’ll sell the joint. I already checked and they will be “keeping it in the family.”

No comments: