Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back at the Hair Salon...

Yes. I fell out of bed and neglected my blog for a while... Just been trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer :)

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was back in the chair to see “M” for my trusty hair appointment. As my faithful readers and friends know, I have been emerging from these appointments with much more than just a fresh haircut. Last time, if you'll recall (Haircuts...), I left my appointment with a navel piercing.

So there I was, chatting away with "M" when out of nowhere appears this skinny, scrawny little black and white kitten. I reach out to pet him thinking he’ll bolt, but instead he comes closer and says hello. He then sprawls out on the floor amidst all the hullabaloo of the salon. People were coming in and out the front entrance. Hairdressers were stepping over and around him to get by. It was comical. He may as well have been lounging beachside while sippin' a mojito, the way he looked.

Curious, I asked "M" about the cat (Mistake #1). She proceeds to tell me the cat is a stray that has been visiting the salon for the past 2 days.

“He needs a home” she says. (Mistake #2)

Being that I am not a cat-person, one of the items on my Big List is to “have a cat that acts like a dog”. Friendly, social, no freak-outs, no hissing, no scratching, no hiding all day long. So, basically, this list item would forever remain unchecked. Ha Ha.

Long story short: I went home with the cat. Fleas, worms and all. ?#@&!

I don't know what bleeding heart sentiment I was possessed by, but it was this kitty's lucky day. He didn't know what hit him. Within 24 hours, he received a flea bath and treatment, a slew of kitty vaccines and had his testicles snipped to boot. Yeah, we don't waste anytime around here at the House of Wilson.


Oh, and his name?


Flea.
(And if you look closely enough, you'll even see the blood-suckers hopping around his face..)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Tina i never knew there would be a day that you would come home with a kitten!!!! i'm surprised my phone wasn't ringing(haha)

Hello to Flea!!!

after his fleas are gone lets think of a great name.