Monday, August 20, 2007

My Night at the Playboy Mansion

Whew! What a NIGHT!! A bunch of us were shuttled over to the mansion from our hotel (Hyatt Century Plaza) at 7pm. When we arrived, we were greeted by a red carpet-- paparazzi style, photos and all. I made a beeline for the bar and started with a lovely vodka-mixed drink. Took the tour, checked out the celebrity wares up for silent auction, chatted with some bunnies, and wafted in all the dinner eats made by Hef’s personal chef.

The rest of the evening was a pleasant blur. In a word: tequila. In two words: Patron Silver. Aaaaaaaaahh, talk about Premium. As I was downing shot after shot, I kept thinking of those lewd t-shirts in Ft. Lauderdale and one in particular that read, “One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three
Tequila, FLOOR!”

Luckily, I never hit the floor. I even managed to make a few flies on the free-standing pole. And yes, I swam in the grotto! All in all, it was a fabulous time. I met some great people and had an absolute blast.

There was an after party back at the hotel and believe it or not, I even made it to the after-after party. I made it back to my room at 4am and even remembered to set my alarm for 7am. Oooh, waking up to that was PAINFUL. I had to make the 2 hour drive back to San Diego to take my beautiful daughter to her ballet class. Couldn’t miss that. Then after ballet it was my son’s soccer game followed by a skateboarding lesson. All of this sans Tylenol. Didn't want to overload my poor liver anymore than I already had... Goes to show what hangovers will do to your logical thought processes.

At 2pm, I nearly passed out while driving home. I don’t know how I made it. But when I did, I crashed hard and slept ‘til Sunday!!!!

Thanks for everything, Hef!




No comments: