Friday, October 24, 2008

Facing my fears

Last weekend, we spent a few days at Disneyland where we were blessed with the most beautiful weather and manageable crowds. We always have an absolutely fantastic time- there's so much to do and do over again.

One ride I haven't been able to get myself on is that crazy-looking Hollywood Tower of Terror thing. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am big into facing and conquering your fears head-on. The day before my wedding, for example, I jumped off a natural cliff in Hawaii. I have a huge fear of heights. Granted, it took me about an hour to muster up the courage, but I did it. And a few years ago, I finally took that nasty vertical shoot up and drop down ride at Six Flags specifically to conquer my fears.

Yeah, so I have this fear of that vertical drop thing. So, obviously, the Tower of Terror absolutely terrifies me. But, it BOTHERS me that I haven't ridden it ever. That I have let me fear control me.

So, last weekend, I decided it was high time I got it over with. Alas, my husband agreed and said he was all for it. Our son, however, was not as one with this suggestion and ruled it out. I'd like to think I was "saved" but now it's high on my to-do list. The next opportunity I have, I'm taking that dreadful ride.

Someday I'll knock off a sky dive as well. It's all good. It's good for the soul.

Meantime, I'll get my kicks here, practicing vicariously through these poor souls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if you need encouragement. Yours truly too Michael's niece with her on the Tower of terror. I saw my life flash before my eyes and she said her stomach was tickling. She was 4 too young to know about fear or butterflies.